Sunday, June 22, 2008

Setting Some Goals

If you know me, you know I have an ongoing weight problem. The most I ever lost was about 60 lbs.when I was in jr. college and then I lost 40 at the beginning of 2003 - the end of 2004, while I was on Atkins. I do have so many medical problems; some of them would be lessened if I could lose weight. I have been bouncing around the lower 200's, 217-227 of late. At only 5 ft., that's a lot to carry around. I have been a member in the past of an online weight loss support group and yesterday I went back there.

This was after I overdid it on my snack food. I have a general food plan and allow myself a daily treat, with the nutritionist's permission. Obviously this isn't working for me, even though I don't have a treat everyday. Earlier I'd had the feeling that I just wanted to eat and eat and I kind of had in the back of my mind that I was not going to stay on track yesterday. I think there must be some issue that makes me run for the food, to bury it again. I've faced a lot of my issues already, this one will eventually be conquered as well. Anyway, I am here to make some goals today, both long and short-term.


Primary Long-Term Goal #1: to get my weight out of the danger zone, which would be 127 lbs. or lower.

Long-Term Goal #2: Establish some sort of exercise routine, 3 days a week to start and then more, up to 5 or 6 days a week.

Short-Term Goal #1: To lose 10 lbs in the next 5 - 10 weeks

Short-Term Goal #2: Really get on the SBD diet, from the 2 week stricter regimen to the long-term plan. Last time I started with the long-term plan because I couldn't get through the 2 week plan.

Short-Term Goal #3: To lose 22-44 lbs before my 50th birthday in November (currently 22 weeks away).


What I'm already doing right: I'm working at getting more veggies and fruit in, by doing V8 Fusion and tomato or vegetable juice, as well as eating the veggies that I do like, such as mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, cucumbers (often as dill pickles). It also helps if I hide them in another food, for example, in a pasta dish like last night. Fruit isn't really a problem, I had some cantaloupe and red grapes yesterday. Granted, fruits are off limits for the first 2 weeks on SBD. I am using some low fat products, like 2% milk, which really is a bit creamier than 1% or 0% to me.

I refuse to remain a heavy person for the rest of my life!

No comments: